Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering and serving St. Clement Parish.
All parish volunteers working with minors or vulnerable adults in a direct or administrative capacity and all parish employees must follow the policies set forth by the Diocesan Office of Youth and Child Protection. A Safe Environment Coordinator is in place in every parish. The Safe Environment Coordinator is required by the Diocese of Trenton to maintain a file for every volunteer.
Before beginning your volunteer service, the following steps must be completed:
- COMPLETE AND SIGN THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION found at https://stclementreligioused.org/forms/ The signed application should be submitted to the head of the ministry in which you are volunteering as soon as possible. They will send a copy to the Safe Environment Coordinator for our parish.
- CREATE A VIRTUS ACCOUNT at: virtus.org Complete instructions for Virtus website registration can be found as one of the items in the policies and forms sections on the diocesan website https://dioceseoftrenton.org/policies-forms . It is essential that you register at the Virtus website in order to volunteer.
- ACKNOWLEDGE A CODE OF CONDUCT (You will be prompted to do this as part of registering at the Virtus website).
- ATTEND A TRAINING SESSION ENTITLED “PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN”. (You will be asked to register for a facilitator led session as part of registering at the Virtus website. There is no cost for this training.) “Protecting God’s Children” is a class regarding child safety and is required by the diocese of Trenton for every volunteer working with children or vulnerable adults. A certificate of completion will be provided at the completion of the course – a copy is needed for your volunteer file.
- SUBMIT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK THROUGH FINGERPRINT ANALYSIS (You will be asked to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints taken as part of registering at the Virtus website.) THE PARISH REIMBURSES ALL VOLUNTEERS FOR THE COST OF FINGERPRINTING WITH SUBMITTED RECEIPTS.
- Once the above is completed, please submit the following items listed below to your head of ministry. They will in turn submit them to the SAFE Environment Coordinator for your volunteer file.
- Volunteer application (if not already submitted)
- A copy of your certificate of completion from “Protecting God’s Children” training
- A copy of the receipt for fingerprinting expense (this allows us to reimburse you for the cost incurred)
- In addition, if you are volunteering in PREP (Religious Education), you need to complete the Food Policy form found at https://stclementreligioused.org/forms/ .
- If you are volunteering for the Athletic Association, you need to acknowledge the Athletic Association Policy by signing the form that will be provided to you
Links to the relevant forms can also be found under the Volunteer->Forms Tab on the Main Menu.
Once the above has been submitted to the Safe Environment Coordinator by your head of ministry, a badge will be issued in your name which MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES while you are volunteering. The badge is good for four years after which time a refresher training session must be attended and a new background check must be done in order to renew your qualifications.
Once you receive the badge, you will be all set to start your volunteer service.
I know it seems like a lot to digest, but these measures are taken for your protection as well as the protection of our children. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 732-566-3616, option 2 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our parish SAFE Environment Coordinator is Amy Colen email@example.com.