The Safe Environment Coordinator is required by the Diocese of Trenton to maintain a file for every volunteer. The following items must be completed and filed before beginning your service:
- Volunteer Application
- Code of Conduct form signed
- Fingerprinting/Criminal Background Check ($24 will be reimbursed with submitted receipts). This will generate an ID badge which must be worn at all times when with the children.
- Attend “Virtus – Protecting God’s Children” 2 hour class (no cost)
- Food Policy form – signed (PREP)
- Athletic Policy – receipt acknowledgement form (Coaches and Athletic Association)
On the Volunteer Tab on the Main Menu you will find all the relevant forms which can be downloaded for your convenience.
Virtus is a class regarding child safety and is required by the diocese of Trenton for every volunteer working with children. You may register for this class or for any Virtus session at any parish by going to: www.VirtusOnline.org. A certificate of completion will be distributed at the end of the class – a copy is needed for your volunteer file.
Once all of the above is complete, you will be eligible to volunteer.
I know it seems like a lot to digest, but these measures are taken for your protection as well as the protection of our children. If you have any questions please feel free to call me at 732-566-3616, option 2 or email me: firstname.lastname@example.org